Saturday 13 November 2010

World Northern Soul Dance Championships at Blackpool Tower

So I'm there right, minding my own business on the famous sprung dance floor when out of nowhere, this chap with massive flairs and a mullet waltz's past me eating a pie. I could smell it was steak so I improvised with some fancy footwork, navigating through even more flairs and mullets and gliding my way closer to the food counter.
I was right, a Steak & Pepper pie at £2.25.
I must have been dancing for about 7 mins so had worked up quite an appetite and was well in the mood for a quick snack and a brew.
I was pleasantly surprised with the taste of this little northern gem, lots of peppered steak and gravy all served up in a pastry parcel on a standard paper plate, complete with plastic fork and paper napkin.
As far as take-away pies go, its a perfect snack to keep you going on a Northern Soul Weekender, with a good filling to pastry ratio and a freshness to the pastry.
Blackpool Tower, a great place with surprises round every corner, I would certainly try one of these again and give it a 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave constructive comments!