Friday 17 September 2010

Homemade Heritage

A surprise stop in Barrowford, near Nelson led me to sample the homemade pie on offer in the local cafe at The Heritage Centre.
There is no doubt whatsoever that its all homemade, as I witnessed them cutting into huge pies and delivering it onto my plate with lots of fresh veg.
It is good old fashioned, honest and down to earth winter grub. I went for the 'Minced Pie' at £6.25 which was tasty and accompanied by boiled and roast potatoes, carrots, broad beans and peas.
The pie itself had a rather thick pastry and was alittle out of balance with the ratio as it also contained potatoes and carrots in the pie itself.
The staff are pleasant and it was busy with gentle folk who (I reckon) would no doubt go elsewhere if standards were to drop.
An average pastry/pie ratio offset by a very affordable price makes this experience a 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave constructive comments!